Supervisor, High Pressure Die Casting (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, HIGH PRESSURE DIE CASTING (STARLINK)
SpaceX is seeking an experienced and motivated supervisor to oversee all high pressure die casting operations, supporting the Starlink program. As a Starlink Production Supervisor, you will assist in the commissioning, production ramp, sustaining, and continuous optimization of the casting line. This individual will be overseeing day-to-day operations while partnering with cross-functional teams in manufacturing and design engineers, equipment maintenance, and down-stream production teams.
- Build and lead a competent team of multi-skilled technicians capable of dealing with the varying process equipment supporting the build process
- Coordinate and maintain production technicians’ schedules, production processes, safety, and area standards
- Lead, coach, and mentor melt and process technicians, including bi-annual reviews and managing corrective or disciplinary actions
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full-rate production
- Collaborate with area leadership in order to prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals
- Drive continuous improvement, risk reduction, root-cause analysis, and investigations in your area
- Establish and analyze area metrics to drive:
- Personnel training and development
- Optimization of product flow through the factory
- Efficiency improvement projects
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel
- Partner with the engineering team, keeping up to date with all new developing technology that could improve our production operations
- Support process development, machine maintenance, and troubleshooting including tooling trials and new product introduction
- Create setup and checkout documentation and work instructions specific to each job
- Associate’s degree and 5+ years of professional experience in high pressure die casting OR 10+ years of professional experience in high pressure die casting, extrusion, injection molding, stamping, or similar operations.
- 2+ years of working hands-on with safety-critical systems, mechanical assemblies, or heavy equipment
- 2+ years of professional experience leading a team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production teams
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing work assignments and a fast-paced work environment
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles, and efficiency methods
- Experience scheduling production, changeovers, maintenance, and staffing in a production environment
- Professional experience troubleshooting manufacturing processes in a production environment
- Professional experience working with and launching a new product line launch
- Ability to interpret dimensional data and propose/execute corrective actions
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written communication
- Expertise with common Microsoft Office programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX locations/vendors
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor, High Pressure Die Casting: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.