Sr. Program Security Officer - Top Secret Cleared
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. PROGRAM SECURITY OFFICER - TOP SECRET CLEARED
- Provide in-depth lifecycle program support for U.S. Government related contracts and proposals across multiple security disciplines
- Develop and implement and enforce protection guidance as interpreted in accordance with program-specific Security Classification Guides (SCG)
- Develop, assist with implementation and enforcement of Program Protection Implementation Plans (PPIP)
- Develop, review/ edit and enforce various Security CONOPS, to include Operations Security (OPSEC), Transportation, Emergency Action Plans, and related documentation.
- Coordinate and support ongoing classified visits in support of program operations with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the physical security program/infrastructure
- Develop and assist with Security Education Training and Awareness (SETA) for personnel
- Conduct ongoing self-inspections and assist with program office inspections
- Review, track, and monitor security clearance processing activities
- Administer personnel security files
- Coordinate additional security requirements such as, polygraphs and special access indoctrinations/debriefings
- Facilitate ad hoc security support for various customer meetings and working groups and access requests
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of combined security-related experience specifically as a U.S. Government employee or U.S. Government contractor, performing responsibilities such as preparing U.S. Government forms SF85, SF85P, and SF86, processing security clearances, and assisting with security briefings/visits
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (i.e. ICD 704, ICD 705)
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong knowledge of NISPOM, IC directives, and related security policy and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the SF86 Questionnaire for National Security Positions and system/familiarity with other U.S. Government systems of record (i.e. DISS, NBIS)
- Favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment
- Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Program Security Officer: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.