Commercial Counsel, Starlink
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMMERCIAL COUNSEL, STARLINK
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As a Commercial Counsel, you will be providing legal review and solutions-based counseling to cross-functional partners on a wide variety of complex legal and business issues in the United States and internationally.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements, including revenue-generating contracts, service terms, partnerships, and complex commercial agreements related to telecommuting, backhaul, enterprise, retail, resale, aviation and maritime business verticals
- Identify and mitigate legal risk by implementing appropriate processes, trainings and controls for the Starlink customer support team
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance, particularly in areas of consumer protection and telecommunication laws
- Manage Starlink’s online terms of service for residential and business products and services, globally
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline and simplify deals and product/service terms
- Work cross functionally with business teams across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships
- JD or foreign equivalent from an accredited law school
- 4+ years of legal experience
- Active bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience at a well-regarded law firm
- Experience as an in-house lawyer ideally within the tech industry
- Experience managing legal issues for a high-growth multinational company
- Experience providing legal advice related to commercial technology transactions, ideally internationally and ideally with Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with clients based in various geographies and comfortable advising all levels of management
- Knowledge of consumer protection and regulatory issues outside of the United States
- The ideal candidate is comfortable with and responsive to rapid developments and changes in direction as well as working with technologies and products and in practice areas without much precedence
- Diligent and proactive, you have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment, technical acumen, communication skills and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Commercial Counsel: $190,000.00 - $230,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.