Critical Lift Supervisor (Starship)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CRITICAL LIFT SUPERVISOR (STARSHIP)
The Critical Lift Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Technicians for Starship and Super Heavy vehicles. The Critical Lift Supervisor is the most influential person on-site to drive progress on an hour-by-hour and day-by-day basis. The Supervisor of the team will take technical direction from the engineering team and turn it into reality by building, retaining, and managing their team effectively; distributing labor resources, prioritizing certain aspects of the build, and setting headcount requirements where necessary. The Supervisor is also a key enabler to a productive, fun, and hard-working culture. For this role specifically, it is highly important that the Supervisor is an inspiring leader, oftentimes working side by side with their critical lift team.
- Manage a team of critical lift technicians who specialize in heavy crane lifting and rigging operations
- Lead and manage a staff technicians including all performance management related tasks
- Review work instructions and make change recommendations when needed
- Assess and vet appropriate skillsets as needed
- Identify training needs and develop training programs
- Provide required data and reporting to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives
- Monitor labor hours and overtime, and implement improvement plans and time management with staff
- Accomplish production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job results
- Effectively organize, assign and track work/deliverables for the team, ensuring seamless progression through multi-shift work schedules
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications
- Maintain tooling and consumable supply inventory
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement
- Continuously improve process and manpower efficiency, utilization and productivity
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 8+ years of experience in Heavy Lift/Heavy Transport Operations
- 5+ years of experience leading Crane and Rigging teams
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of all rigging equipment shackles, straps, slings, rope, hoists, etc.
- Ability to calculate and determine appropriate lifting equipment and write lift plans
- Strong working knowledge of lifting signals and communications
- Strong working knowledge of operating and inspecting heavy equipment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- NCCER Rigging certification
- NCCCO crane operator certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs. unassisted, and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed - up to 5% travel
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.