Solar Stringer Machine Specialist
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOLAR STRINGER MACHINE SPECIALIST
Working for the Starlink Solar 2.0 team, the Solar Stringer Machine Specialist will be responsible for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of all Team Technik 2100 solar stringer machines (TTs). This includes building, installing, commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintaining all TT stringer assets. This specialist is expected to become the subject matter expert on the machines and showcase extreme ownership over their operations.
- Demonstrate extreme ownership of production outcome of the Starlink solar stringer machines as measured by equipment OEE
- Work with production team to develop training plans and standard work instructions for TT stringer operations
- Develop and implement robust preventative maintenance schedule with focus on increasing long term machine reliability as measured by machine uptime
- Develop new and improve design on existing production assets to improve robustness and ease operations.
- Commissioning of new stringer assets, effective project management skills to drive efficient project completion
- Promote 5S principles of organizing and sustaining efficient and presentable team work spaces
- Read, understand and utilize system-level schematics and drawings (mechanical/electrical/pneumatic)
- Support Production Devices (HMIs, VM’s, etc)
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of automation experience in a manufacturing and production environment
- 1+ years of hands-on project experience working with mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or technical field
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding atmosphere
- Experience with design of experiments, statistical process control, and process qualification
- Strong team player attitude with the ability to collaborate with a cross functional team to include production, maintenance and engineering
- PLC & HMI programming experience or familiarization using Ladder Logic and Structured Text Language
- Experience working with OEM suppliers troubleshooting equipment failures
- Demonstrated hands-on skill in fault finding, mechanical system troubleshooting, and solid problem resolution skills
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to demonstrate a high sense of urgency
- Analytical skills - Skilled at gathering and analyzing information to understand complex situations and solve problems
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies, and industry standards
- Deep knowledge of TeamTechnik Stinger Machine functionality, operations, and troubleshooting
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary to support critical milestones
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Solar Stringer Machine Specialist/Level 1: $32.00 - $40.00/hour
Solar Stringer Machine Specialist/Level 2: $36.00 - $45.00/hour
Solar Stringer Machine Specialist/Level 3: $40.00 - $50.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Non-exempt Washington employees are eligible for sick leave in accordance with Washington's Sick Leave policies.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.