Sr. Supply Chain Planner (Falcon & Dragon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (LAUNCH VEHICLES)
Falcon 9 is the world’s first orbital reusable rocket, driving down cost of space entry and making space more accessible. Our Falcon program provides assured access to space for astronauts, is a provider for national security payloads, and is critical for the success of Starlink satellites. This role will be integral member of our Falcon Rocket Supply Chain Team and the supply chain subject matter expert for flight components. Along with ensuring fulfillment of critical parts, a large focus of this role will be eliminating any risks to meeting production rates, automating routines, streamlining processes, and implementing vendor contracts to meet Falcon program goals.
- Plan, lead, improve, and execute against pre-established sourcing strategies with metrics tracking and results from end-to-end perspective for business and production success
- Maintain accurate configuration of assemblies (BOMs)
- Ensure accurate lead times, and inventory levels (including spares) to mitigate risk of production piece part shortages
- Facilitate technical discussions, make vs buy decisions, launch new product introductions, and conduct should-cost modeling to ensure optimal purchase order issuance and execution
- Execute risk management analysis which take into consideration past performance data, demand vs supply, and lead time stack-ups from piece part to launch vehicle integration
- Optimize logistics, manufacturing, quality, ordering/redistribution policies, and refurbishment/reusability planning and buying for the parts that you own
- Support supplier facilities visits to identify and leverage equipment and expertise with an emphasis on meeting cost, quality, and delivery goals with strategic suppliers
- Lead commercial and quality Initiatives, and spearhead initiatives to improve performance with teams that execute the strategic sourcing vision of the supply chain team
- Be the “go to” resource for engineering, supply chain, production, and build reliability stakeholders to determine the best value sourcing, NPI sourcing plans, turn-key or buy complete strategies, logistics and lead time optimizations, etc.
- Build cross functional teams and champion continuous improvement initiatives to meet or exceed cost, quality, and delivery goals
- Proactively provide status and updates to SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Conduct design for manufacturability reviews with support from supplier quality and engineering teams and strategic suppliers
- Champion value adds value engineering projects to improve part quality and reduce cost
- Execute to a supplier bid-list with preferred suppliers
- Mitigate sole/single source risk and ensure continuity of supply
- Develop and maintain strong relationships (Internal to SpaceX and external Suppliers)
- Assess and leverage supplier technical capability, equipment, capacity, and risk in procurement
- Place POs for MRP planning messages for production parts and via email signals, if required
- Diagnose and resolve purchase order discrepancies and invoice issues
- Advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following:
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Remarkable problem-solving skills with a bias for speed and accuracy
- Strong track record of leadership and team building skills
- Lean or continuous improvement experience to eliminate headcount needed for daily work
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to prioritize efforts to meet customer and company goals
- Strong technical ability to read drawings and blueprints, understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external supplier relationships in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Value add engineering abilities that improve part quality, delivery, and cost
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated and tracked results compared to goals
- Excellent customer service skills, produce exceptional work at all times, highly self-motivated
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Technical knowledge and skills in coding and computer applications, (e.g. MS Office Suite, VBA, Smartsheet, SQL, Confluence, JIRA, Power BI, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Holds self to highest ethical standards, and conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
- Must be able to travel - up to 50% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Supply Chain Planner/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.