Supply Chain Planner (Falcon & Dragon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER (LAUNCH VEHICLES)
This is a high-profile, cross functional position that plays an integral role in enabling production flow and supporting launch manifest. Working in close coordination with engineering and manufacturing departments, supply chain planners execute effective, creative, and smart supply chain strategies to achieve production goals. Some of the functions a supply chain planner will be responsible for include material requirements planning, purchasing, supplier delivery management, dock-to-stock coordination, and inventory levels management. With all integration and capsule refurbishment taking place in-house, supply chain planners are able to see their assemblies come to life every day!
- Oversee and manage the demand plan for a Dragon subsystem
- Create and manage bill of materials in MRP systems for product scope
- Align demand-supply signal allocations, and review line of balances to assess short and long-term product health
- Maintain product master data and develop expertise in all material planning systems and reports
- Signal purchasing team to place new orders, and collaborate on supplier fulfillment as well as executing purchasing transactions within designated scope
- Mitigate risk and ensure continuity of supply by constructing and executing to a well thought out supply plan that fulfills the needs of the product on time and with quality
- Execute purchasing transactions within scope area by issuing purchase orders for SpaceX programs and ensure delivery
- Partner with internal stakeholders on implementing advanced supply chain strategies like long term purchases, design for manufacturing to reduce cost and improve quality
- Proactively manage inventory, prevent stock outs while optimizing the utilization of SpaceX working capital
- Project manage design changes as needed per defined scope
- Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and distributors to ensure communication channels are buzzing with real time delivery information and work in progress
- Monitor and manage spend to ensure adherence to project-specific budgets and forecasts
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and government regulations
- Proactively update and steer SpaceX management and engineering teams on all critical supply issues
- Analyze supply chain data and report out metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience working in a supply chain, production, or engineering function
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience navigating multitier bill of materials and work orders
- Experience working in a production environment
- Technical knowledge in a commodity (e.g. interconnect raw material, harnessing manufacturing, machining, instrumentation etc.)
- Proven success working on cross-functional new product introduction projects, completing cost models, and negotiations
- Familiarity with ERP systems and purchasing/planning functions
- SQL experience
- Tableau or PowerBI experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel & Project, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- APICS certification
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Must be able to travel - up to 50% work week travel may be required, including international travel
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to meet major milestones
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supply Chain Planner: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.