Supervisor, Hardware Reliability (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPERVISOR, HARDWARE RELIABILITY (STARLINK PRODUCT)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable.
As a supervisor in Starlink Build Reliability, you will supervise a team of hourly employees responsible for processing Starlink product field returns, performing mechanical and electronics failure analysis, and production quality assurance. This supervisor will also be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement throughout all aspects of their operations.
- Manage an hourly workforce by assessing employee performance, providing positive and constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution, addressing repeat issues with corrective actions, and performance improvement plans or through disciplinary means
- Lead by setting an example, take feedback from all levels of the organization, and motivate your organization to achieve the highest level of results
- Provide mentorship and establish technical training opportunities for the team
- Maintain lab equipment, tools, and 5s environment
- Provide required data and reports to support departmental metrics and improvement objectives
- Identify process improvements and bottlenecks to improve root cause efficiency
- Ensure production quality findings are addressed and share feedback to production and manufacturing teams
- Ensure production containments are being executed and resolved
- Monitor and approve employee time keeping records
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience leading a team or project
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to build and consistently maintain cohesive teams
- Ability to bring multiple departments with different priorities together and support them in achieving common goals
- Demonstrated leadership experience and able to lead/supervise a team
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding, problem resolution
- Organized and self-driven, capable of working independently with little direction
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced /cross-functional environment
- Experience working with PCBAs, environmental chambers, and quality methodologies
- Experience within an aerospace, aviation, or automotive manufacturing environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Supervisor: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.