GNC Engineer (Dragon)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GNC ENGINEER (DRAGON)
- Perform trajectory design, optimization, and dispersion analysis for Crew and Cargo Dragon missions
- Implement new software or algorithms to support mission unique capabilities
- Select flight constants and guidance parameters
- Post-flight data review and correlation with analyses for continued improvement of predictions
- Analysis to verify compliance with contractual mission requirements including direct customer interface with NASA
- Document analysis and test results with a focus on automation and efficiency of reporting
- Mission operations support
- Test flight software
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or physics
- 1+ years of professional experience with orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation (school/class projects and/or internship project may count)
- 1+ years of professional experience with software languages C++ and/or Python (school/class projects and/or internship project may count)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in orbital mechanics, classical dynamics, modeling and simulation, and the software languages C++ and Python
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in launch vehicle and/or spacecraft systems
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
GNC Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
GNC Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.