The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Responsible for the install, upgrade, repair and maintenance of electrical systems on construction sites, plant facilities and on machinery including tunnel boring machines.
- Install and wire complete power distribution equipment and panels, including transformers, breakers, outlets, motor controls, VFDs, relays and sensors.
- Install, connect and start-up equipment such as motors, pumps, fans, compressors, generators and industrial machines.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve electrical problems.
- Select materials and hardware for upgrades, installs, repairs and tasks to be performed.
- Perform time and materials estimates.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on systems, tools and equipment as needed.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience working as an electrician or in the electrical field.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working as an electrician or in the electrical field.
- Experience working as a journeyman electrician.
- Strong knowledge of the national electrical codes and local codes
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to select materials and estimate jobs.
- Strong understanding of electrical circuits and wiring.
- Strong understanding of power distribution systems, transformers and load sizing.
- Experience installing conduit and running cable through conduit and trenches.
- Experience laying out components and building electrical panels.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and electrical blueprints.
- Ability to use various testing and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Knowledge of controls systems, motor controls and PLC systems.
- Knowledge of medium voltage distribution systems.
- Knowledge of IT, networks and security systems.
- Experience working as a contractor.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.