The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Jump between the system and component level for various tunnel, industrial automation, lighting, power, building/ maintenance facilities and automotive control applications.
- Design, development and integration of simple and complex control systems for electrical, mechanical, and fluid power systems.
- Troubleshooting and deep level problem solving of various equipment such as tunnel boring machines and vehicles.
- Work with other engineers and technicians, in the field and in the office, to continually improve and integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, software packages and civil engineering systems.
- Oversee and inspect installations, build, retrofits to requirements and conformance to design and specifications.
- Interface with local utilities and contractors for electrical service upgrades and installs.
- Assist in selection, developing specifications and procurement of electrical equipment.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering, controls engineering or related field.
- Experience designing, developing and integrating control and automation systems with and without human input.
- Experience in sensor selection for control systems and redundancy requirements.
- Experience working with PLCs and various control systems.
- Experience working with motor controls and VFDs.
- Strong and high proficiency in troubleshooting and problem solving of various electrical and control systems.
- Preferred but not required: PE license in the state of Nevada or licensure through reciprocity.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.