The Boring Company
Accounting & Finance
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Manager, is a critical member of the Accounting & Finance team who will play an impactful role in the day-to-day accounting operations of The Boring Company. The Accountant will be responsible for managing the general ledger, preparing various account reconciliations, supporting FP&A activities, and answering ad-hoc requests. The ideal candidate will be an independent, creative, dynamic, and collaborative problem solver.
- Prepare general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations, including overseeing bookkeeping efforts and identifying/resolving variances
- Support budget tracking and management, budget versus actual variance analysis, and ad hoc requests from management on revenue and spend trends
- Manage daily reconciliation of corporate card and expense management platform, ensuring consistency in coding and clear application of company policies
- Participate in the accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly financial information for TBC and its subsidiaries
- Support in financial statement audits and tax return preparation by preparing documentation and working with external audit & tax teams
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams, including Purchasing, Operations, Engineering, and Human Resources at TBC to improve internal processes and controls
- Support in ad hoc accounting and financial data analysis, as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of professional experience in general accounting
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics
- Strong accounting knowledge and an understanding of US GAAP
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible to changing priorities, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end close
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative, and the ability to be a self-starter
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.