The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Set or adjust the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch, depth and dimension.
- Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly tightened or constructed.
- Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rake, shovel, hand or power trowel, hand or power screed, float and broom.
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Clean chipped area, using a wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
- Signal/spot for operators/truck drivers.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to the surface of concrete to cure, waterproof or restore surface.
- Operate/regulate both pneumatic and electric power vibrators to compact concrete.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic/electric chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
- Drill holes in construction materials
- Position structural components
- Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete
- Treat surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing.
- Install masonry materials.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Install anchor bolts and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
- High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Skills and Experience
- ACI Field Testing Technician - Grade 1 Certification
- 2+ years of experience mixing, placing and finishing concrete
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong multitasker with an acute sense of detail and superior ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.