Civil Engineering Intern
The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to assist in the preparation of civil engineering details, design plans, reports, and meeting exhibits.
- Perform project research and work as part of a multi-discipline team to deliver project input.
- Digitize as-built civil drawings, including utility and structural drawings.
- Work with engineering team on the production of design drawings.
- Read drawings/blueprints, measuring tape and other measuring tools as needed.
- Visual inspection of all exterior surface components; including finishes, textures and cleanliness.
- Timely and accurately record inspection data using designated electronic tools and programs.
- Perform regular site visits.
- Communicate the results of inspection and testing to Engineering and Production teams.
- Track progress of non-conformance reports and re-inspect at various stages.
- Inspect assembly fabrication and placement of designated reinforcement materials, i.e. length, width & size.
- Participate in lab and office clean-up and maintain an organized and safe workspace.
- Provide recommendations for process and product improvements.
- High School diploma or GED and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience working with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience working with a team. Strong problem solving, deductive reasoning, and communication skills.
- Highly organized with a strong sense of urgency.
- Acute attention to detail. Ability to read and interpret civil engineering design and as-built drawings.
- Ability to study and comprehend specifications, rules and regulations.
- Exceptional leadership abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An analytical mindset that thrives on formulating strategy and presenting data.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.