The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Help build safe work plans that maintain project schedules.
- Ensure guidance systems are maintained and accurate using survey equipment and guidance software such as TACS.
- Helping to design and improve tunneling/construction processes for better efficiencies including logistics, sequences, etc.
- Coordinate job walks for pricing, work, schedules, material deliveries, or inspections with vendors, contractors, and building officials.
- Track and maintain inventories of consumables for tunnel construction.
- Design parts, pieces, and systems to solve issues found in the field using SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Coordinate and collaborate with mechanical engineering team for improved design.
- Overall quality control of construction practices including grout and pre-cast concrete tunnel liner segments.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports documenting progress or challenges on any given project.
- Troubleshoot tunnel boring machine issues as they arise.
- Collect soil samples.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience in an active construction environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines and field technicians.
- Acute attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to work outdoors and in confined spaces.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.