Project Development Manager
The Boring Company
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Project Development Manager for Business Development will help drive new business opportunities and help lead the design for both conceptual projects and finalized construction projects. This will require a wide range of leadership, technical and project management abilities. This person will be critical to our overall growth strategy as The Boring Company continues our growth trajectory
- Develop new business opportunities through outside-of-the-box strategies. Go create projects to sell.
- Conduct discovery / introductory meetings with sales prospects to qualify or disqualify sales opportunities.
- Lead the project development process for TBC’s projects, through design, permitting, construction, up to operations hand off. Aggressively accelerate project schedule with a relentless and organized approach to permitting.
- Coordinate the preparation and optimization of design documents with internal and/or consulting architects and civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety engineers.
- Build models to calculate expected capacity for Loop systems.
- Complete customer design project final reports after compiling required deliverables to exceed customer expectations on project timelines.
- 3+ years of experience leading complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of engineering or relevant technical discipline.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- High level of organization.
- Understanding of wide variety of trades (Civil, structural and MEP).
- Understanding effects of Geotechnical data on tunnel design and tunnel construction.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 50% travel
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.