Business/Project Development Intern (Fall 2023)
The Boring Company
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
This is a paid part-time OR full-time internship. The Boring Company is currently seeking talented individuals for our Project Development Internship at our Bastrop, TX location. Boring Company interns play a significant role in the identification, planning, design, and development of tunneling projects and transportation technology. Here at The Boring Company, you will obtain invaluable hands-on technical experience that you can't learn in a classroom. Our teams will challenge you to roll up your sleeves, be scrappy and creative to create solutions for real challenges. The most successful candidates for The Boring Company's Internship Program are self-starters, highly motivated and have a history of significant contributions to hands-on extracurricular projects in addition to a strong academic record.
- Support project development by identifying, tracking and pursuing project leads, assist with the preparation of proposals and marketing materials.
- Assist in regulatory operations including preparing reports and obtaining permits and other regulatory clearances.
- Interface with the Boring Company technical teams and our customers to ensure that our projects are successful and timely.
- Support the Productions and Operations team, which focuses on revolutionizing tunneling operations for transportation and utility projects.
- High School diploma or GED and currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university
Preferred Skills and Experience
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Hands-on experience through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to work full time for a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks.
- Must pass background check with results satisfactory to The Boring Company.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.