Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician
The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing skilled maintenance, repair, and diagnostic work on a wide range of heavy equipment, machinery, and vehicles used for construction or mining purposes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting, and repairs on various types of heavy equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and operational issues in heavy equipment.
- Implement preventive maintenance schedules, ensuring equipment is properly lubricated, fluids are changed, filters are replaced, and components are inspected for wear and tear.
- Identify faulty components, parts, or systems and replace or repair as needed to restore equipment to working condition. This includes repairing or replacing engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, and other critical components.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repair activities, including work performed, parts used, etc.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines when working with heavy equipment and tools. Ensure that repaired equipment meets safety and regulatory standards.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions to determine the root cause and implement effective solutions to minimize downtime and increase operational efficiency.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience as a heavy equipment mechanic or technician, with a solid understanding of various types of heavy machinery.
- Strong knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and mechanical components.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.