The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
Our Facilities team is responsible for making our HQ in Bastrop, TX, a world-class facility (and keeping it that way)!
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance.
- Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Inspect building systems including fire suppression, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc.)
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid US Driver's License
- Experience operating equipment such as forklifts, mini excavators, etc.
- A strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment and assets on all systems
- Individuals are expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Utility Operations) and be multi-skilled in others in order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to stoop, bend, push and pull
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs, work in loud environment.
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for company tasks as needed.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.