The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Implement an inventory management system to ensure the parts are never lost and don’t block production.
- Create material flow system to efficiently transfer material, parts and kits through production.
- Maintain master production schedule and release work orders to ensure timelines are met.
- Study part drawings to identify the optimal manufacturing method for each component before entering production. Estimate/track machine time for parts to improve resolution of schedule.
- Understand capabilities of each machine in the shop, provide feedback to design engineers to make parts faster, cheaper, and of higher-quality.
- Perform capacity analysis of the various shops, and make recommendations to increase production rate and implement improvements.
- Identify integration bottlenecks and implement process improvements to increase rate.
- Study supply chain and make recommendations for strategic in-sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, aerospace, mechatronics, or manufacturing engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in an automotive, aerospace, or industrial manufacturing environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Machine shop skills (experience with CNC, multi-axis milling, turning machines etc)
- Experience supporting a production machine shop
- Design of hydraulic/pneumatic fixtures for unattended production processes
- Lean manufacturing training or experience
- CAD experience (Solidworks is a plus)
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping and fault analysis
- Root cause analysis and corrective action experience
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) experience
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.