Project Development Coordinator
The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Lead the project development process for TBC’s Loop transportation projects, through design, permitting, construction, up to operations hand off.
- Own day-to-day relationships with major project stakeholders (station owners, regulatory authorities, utilities, contractors, etc.).
- Prepare and present deliverables to project stakeholders (station designs, project updates, system operations, etc.).
- Aggressively accelerate project schedule with a relentless and organized approach to permitting.
- Coordinate the preparation and optimization of design documents with internal and/or consulting architects and civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety engineers.
- Procure, scope, and negotiate major contracts for Loop systems (elevator/escalator, electrical, fire and life safety, communications, etc.).
- Construction project management to coordinate install of key systems (electrical, mechanical, communications, etc.).
- Manage the inspection process through certificate of occupancy.
- Work with operations team and provide strategic input on system operations.
- Build models to calculate expected capacity for Loop systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace.
- Experience in project management, construction management, product management, or operations and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management and multitasking skills; addresses all tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete tasks independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to identify problems and quickly implement solutions.
- Driver’s license, vehicle, and good driving record.
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work.
- Must be willing to drive personal vehicle for company tasks as needed.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.