Precast Production Supervisor
The Boring Company
People & HR, Operations
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
Our Precast Production Supervisor will lead our concrete/precast team in producing precast segments to line our tunnels!
- Lead team of concrete production workers to produce precast segments that meet appropriate quality requirements.
- Manage team shifts and organize daily activity of crews to meet production requirements and timeline.
- Accurately set up, verify, and pour structural concrete products.
- Responsible for batching concrete or scheduling readymix concrete as appropriate for production.
- Schedule and plan deliveries of aggregates and admixtures.
- Supervise QC technician and support QC efforts as needed.
- Manage and organize truck load out.
- Provide consistent guidance and training for team members, including daily safety meetings.
- Maintain tools and machinery and inform management when repairs are necessary.
- Maintain inventory required for concrete production and inform purchasing team when repairs are necessary.
- Train new employees on procedures and equipment as needed.
- Communicate production progress to upper management.
- Facilitate an environment where all employees are groomed for success and professional growth.
- Communicate to management needs relating to schedule, manpower and equipment.
- Actively participate in department goals and special projects.
- Provide recommendations for process and product improvements.
- Elevate and troubleshoot non-standard issues
- Adhere to appropriate testing standards and maintain a safe working environment to ensure ACI, PCI, city-specific and OSHA compliance.
- Ability to read drawings/blueprints, measuring tapes and other measuring tools as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years of quality testing experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Current ACI Field Testing Technician - Grade 1 Certification
Preferred Skills & Experience
- PCI Level 1 certification
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of machines and tools
- Practiced in root cause analysis
- Complex problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Able to complete a task with minimal direction or oversight.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.