The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
Our Integration Engineering team is responsible for integrating the systems of our Tunnel Boring Machine - Prufrock. This position may also involve field support to underground tunneling operations.
- Review and provide feedback on performance, manufacturability, and simplicity of designs.
- Determine critical path of project schedules and drive development and implementation on those critical items.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the integration process; design, production, build, and operation.
- Organize and kit upcoming work including components, instructions, and tooling.
- Constantly evaluate how the system fits into the larger picture of a working operation.
- Ensure that design, production, and build choices are in line with the top level needs and with ample consideration of immediate operation and future developments.
- Ensure all systems are compliant with appropriate regulations such as MSHA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in an engineering discipline or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing - can be in a professional, academic or recreational setting.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in machine design.
- 5+ years of experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Knowledgeable in mechatronics, mechanism design, fluid power system concepts and design, dynamics, material selection, testing methods, and common machining and fabrication processes.
- Experience in creating and driving product development schedules.
- Experience in leadership on technical teams.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary, with flexibility between days/nights.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.