The Boring Company
IT, People & HR
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Boring Company Technical Recruiter, you will help build a world-class recruiting program to identify, attract, and hire top talent. You will source, screen, interview, and onboard entry-level and executive candidates and interact with engineers and trade workers domestically and abroad. In many cases, you are candidates’ first encounter with The Boring Company and it is your job to represent the company with professionalism, pride, and enthusiasm. This position requires a high degree of autonomy and someone who can take initiative, take responsibility, and run with tasks to completion.
This position is On-site in Bastrop, TX; 130 Walker-Watson Road. All candidates must be open to being on-site. This is NOT a remote/hybrid position.
- Meet with your client groups to discuss headcount, new requisitions, job postings, hiring strategy, and/or interview feedback
- Create creative sourcing strategies to identify top engineers
- Technical ability to source and screen candidates to fill requisitions Ability to partner with client groups and recommend top candidates for interviews
- Ability to receive feedback and quickly redirect
- Ability to recommend offer packages for executive approval and display a creative approach to negotiating offers to candidates
- Ability to multi-task and operate with little direction while still being an active team member
- Proactive identification of problems and recommend/implement solutions
- Once candidates are approved for hire, you will begin the HR onboarding process including initiating background checks, completing reference checks, and issuing new hire paperwork
- Train managers and employees on recruiting and interviewing best practices
- Co-manage EEO/OFCCP compliance including the EEO-1 annual survey submission
- Bachelor's degree OR Equivalent experience (2+ years of recruiting)
- You’ve worked in a startup environment, and were part of teams that experienced rapid growth
- Recruiting Hardware, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineers
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Lever as an ATS
- Experience mentoring and developing other TA professionals
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters. Applicants must be willing to be on-site as there is no hybrid/remote option for this role.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.