Director of HR Operations, Extended Workforce
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted, Inc. is the leading digital labor marketplace and workforce management solution for the healthcare industry. We are headquartered in San Francisco but we’ve taken a digital-first approach to building our workforce and the majority of our team resides across the US and abroad.
Trusted was founded in 2017 with a focus on the largest profession in healthcare: nursing. Since then, we’ve taken a process dominated by recruiters and phone calls and converted it to a fully digital experience, connecting nurses directly to job opportunities and handling benefits, payroll, onboarding, and compliance. Our platform provides full employer of record services for employers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2020, we launched our proprietary staffing platform, Works. Works helps hospitals solve one of their biggest challenges: filling every shift in an environment where demand for healthcare services and labor costs are increasing exponentially. With Works, facilities can create their own on-demand nursing workforce and manage all the details from a single system. Using predictive insights and recommendations, Works helps hospitals react to fluctuations in demand, while its staffing marketplace creates competition to fill open job requisitions with high-quality, active talent.
Trusted has support from top institutional investors such as Craft Ventures, Felicis Ventures, StepStone Group, and Founder Collective, as well as healthcare innovators like Texas Medical Center, Mercy Health, Intermountain Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, and Healthbox. Most recently we closed a $149 million Series C round to fund our next stage of growth.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a Head of HR Operations to help align HR strategy to business strategy for our travel clinicians. This leader will be responsible for coaching and developing a strong team of HR professionals. You will have the opportunity to apply HR policies/programs to a national workforce, including the resolution of complex employee relations issues, benefits, payroll, HR systems, and more. You will partner closely with leaders in the Candidate Experience, Legal, and Finance divisions to ensure cross-functional alignment. In these partnerships, you will also analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and update processes and policies to stay in step with the growth of the business. You will contribute information, analysis, expertise, and recommendations to help drive the organization’s strategic direction. Finally, you hold responsibility for fostering a working environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication, and vision.
- Lead, coach, and develop managers of teams
- Optimize all existing Extended Workforce processes and programs for efficiency and scalability
- Ensure all Extended Workforce interactions exhibit Trusted’s clinician-first approach in all areas of operation
- Partner cross-functionally with other divisions and lead large-scope projects and initiatives
- Partner with President, Marketplace on division strategy and plans
Who you are
- Strategic. You are a strategic planner and partner to the business. You can identify priorities and your team’s role in achieving business goals.
- Excellent communicator. You’re able to share complicated details about processes, programs, and company priorities clearly and concisely both written and verbally.
- Coach/Mentor/Leader. You will listen to, develop, and grow your team, and create a plan and vision to help them and the team achieve success. Respected and inspirational leader. Highly ethical, inclusive, and respectful. Respect and encourage Trusted’s unique culture.
- Life-long learner. You love growing your knowledge base and continually find new opportunities to expand your understanding.
- 12+ years HR experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a healthcare/hospital setting or meeting the needs of clinicians specifically.
- 7+ years leadership experience of a complex organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- SHRM (or equivalent) Certification Required
- Working knowledge of all relevant federal, state and local employment laws and regulations affecting contingent workforce management including but not limited to: FLSA, EEOC, ADA, ADEA, and OSHA (Additional working knowledge of Joint Commission and/or Board of Nursing standards preferred).
- Expertise in HR tech and Salesforce.
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation, sick time, family leave, and flexible working hours
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Learning and professional development reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Employer-sponsored 401k
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.