Fraud Operations Associate
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Who are we?
X1 is building the smartest credit card ever made. We power over $800M in annualized spending and are rapidly growing.
We have been featured in publications like Business Insider, Fast Company, Forbes, Inc., Money, CNBC, CNET, Nasdaq, TechCrunch and Wired.
We have raised over $60M from some of the most iconic investors in Silicon Valley, who founded Google Analytics, Y Combinator Continuity, PayPal, Affirm, Box, Yelp, and more. These include David Sacks, Max Levchin, Wesley Chan, CEOs of Yelp, Box, and Y Combinator Continuity, The Chainsmokers, and Jared Leto.
Who will you work with?
An elite team with alumni from Affirm, Stripe, Google, Pinterest, Y Combinator, Stanford, MIT, and more.
What will you work on?
- Prevent fraudsters of various kinds from taking advantage of our platform without compromising the experience for actual customers
- Be on the front lines, responding to and investigating customers’ fraud claims while providing them a best-in-class, exceptional customer experience
- Analyze account activity for known fraud patterns and recommend actions for individual accounts
- Evaluate risk of a wide variety of fraud patterns: transaction fraud, suspected money laundering, fraud rings, identity theft, etc.
- Partner with Ops, Engineering, and Strategy teams to identify and mitigate emerging fraud trends
- Complete Suspicious Activity Reports that will include a comprehensive narrative fully describing the suspicious transactions- Become an expert on fraud to stay ahead of both existing and emerging trends. Ensure adherence to investigation timeframes required by Reg E & Reg Z
- Triage, problem-solve, and shape internal processes and the product based on your investigation
Who are you?
- You have had exposure to a wide array of fraud problems
- You are a quick learner, analytical thinker, and problem solver
- You are able to be agile and flexible as processes evolve
- You have an investigative and inquisitive mindset, like digging into the details, and have a keen eye for spotting trends
- You are an independent worker, self-motivated, thrive within ambiguity, and are able to make strong decisions based on a body of evidence
- You are hungry to learn and grow alongside a growing business
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in a related fraud domain
- Previous experience with a banking fraud operations team is a plus
- Basic working knowledge of Zendesk is a plus
As an early team member at X1 you will be a critical voice and have significant influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and ensure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
How can you reach us?
To learn more, see https://x1.co/
See more open positions at X1 Card
Something looks off?