Senior Backend Engineer, Product (Inbox & Notifications)
ClickUp is the world's only all-in-one productivity platform that flexes to the way people want to work. It replaces all individual workplace productivity tools with a single, unified platform including project management, document collaboration, spreadsheets, chat, goals, and more. On a mission to make the world more productive, ClickUp is headquartered in San Diego and scaling remotely and internationally. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, ClickUp helps millions of users to be more productive and save at least one day every week. 🦄
- Build features and systems with attention to detail and performance.
- Own end-to-end development, from conception to production.
- Engineer not only solutions but also tools to understand the problem.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver a world-class product.
- Identify and implement improvements to our existing systems.
- Help establish a fun, fulfilling, world-class engineering culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent major.
- 5+ years of experience engineering performant and high-throughput systems (ideally on Node.js).
- You write high quality code (ideally in TypeScript) and are uniquely productive.
- You have a track record of building performant, high-throughput systems.
- You have experience working with no-sql databases at scale (ideally DynamoDB).
- You have experience with major cloud services (ideally AWS).
- You are an empathetic communicator.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have consistently delivered projects with little direction.
- You are product-minded and have a good intuition on what a great user experience looks like.
- Experience building large-scale SaaS platforms supporting millions of users.
- Experience with micro-services and event-driven architecture.
- Expertise with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL.
- Passionate about saving people time by making the world more productive!
ClickUp was founded on a culture of hard work, consistent growth, and a desire to break norms. We’re a values-driven company and hire based on ambition, merit, and a willingness to do what it takes to succeed. We don’t care where you’re from, what you look like, or who you’re in a relationship with—we hire the best people for the job, and create an environment that supports employees on their journey to do the most exciting work of their lives! ClickUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.