Bilingual Lead Care Manager
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities through increased access to high-quality care.
We are the first tech-enabled care team that empowers safety-net primary care systems and the Medicaid & Medicare patients they serve. We act as an extension of the clinical staff to provide a personalized, high-touch care experience while addressing patients' barriers to care such as lack of transportation, housing/food insecurity, and mobile phone access. Internally, we are building a unique care delivery platform to ensure clinical best practices, integrate care with community-based organizations, and automate administrative work so that we can focus on time with our patients.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Lead Care Manager who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
We seek a full-time Lead Care Manager to play a critical role in our whole-person, interdisciplinary care model, responsible for directly outreaching and engaging with individuals living with Serious Mental Illness/ Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. We believe in the power of trust and relationships to successfully engage those who may have never received the kind of whole-health care that Pair Team can provide.
This is a remote-forward hybrid position; ~10% of your work will be on-site in Santa Cruz County (CA).
- Maintain ongoing caseload of individuals through the utilization of evidence based approaches to promote engagement and achievement of health goals
- Use relationship-based strategies to support members with social support navigation, understanding that many may have lived personal experiences causing them to be initially hesitant or distrusting of the health care system
- Conducts periodic telephonic and SMS outreach to ensure timely follow-up to members
- Work with member to identify health/wellness goals and incorporate goals into Health Action Plan/Shared Care Plan
- Supports nurse care manager, behavioral health care manager, nurse practitioner and Community Engagement Specialist with delegated tasks
- Collaborates on care issues with Enhanced Care Management team by participating in systematic case reviews and consulting with nurse care manager, behavioral health care manager, and nurse practitioner before taking clinical actions
- Consistently meet monthly encounter metrics to ensure compliance with health plan regulations
- Identify and break down barriers ensuring individuals’ continuation with the program
- Assists individuals in securing connection to community supports by scheduling appointments, managing referrals, and ensuring timely follow-ups
- Coordinate physical care management appointments through collaboration with external and internal providers
- Utilize external and internal online platforms to collaborate with team members and carry out daily tasks
- 3+ years of general work experience
- 1+ year(s) of case management experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Strong understanding of cultural fluency
- High degree of empathy
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- An eye for optimization
- Organizational skills
- Ability to remain patient when faced with adversity
- Strong technical skills and comfort with technology innovation, past experience with CRM databases, basic Excel, Word, email, and video conferencing
- Must have quiet and HIPAA-compliant at-home work environment with reliable Internet connection
- Reliable travel to get around the Santa Cruz community
- Demonstrated professional or personal lived experience working closely with individuals experiencing complex chronic needs, homelessness, or Severe Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder
- 2+ years of case management experience
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Zest for problem solving, seeking answers, and thinking outside the box
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter who is a rockstar multitasker
- Reliable and comfortable in an ever-changing environment
Because We Value You:
- Salary: $22-$25/hour
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Equity compensation package
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- Flexible vacation policy -- take the time you need to recharge!
- We provide all of the equipment needed for the role
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.