VP of Payer Contracting
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led model. We build local partnerships with shelters, food pantries, and other community-based organizations to turn them into a site of care. As a support system for the community, we provide wraparound clinical services, up-skill CBO staff to become Community Health Workers, and utilize our proprietary data-driven technology platform, Arc, for care coordination. Through Medicaid MCOs, we provide healthcare for hard-to-reach, high-need individuals, while sharing healthcare dollars with community groups to expand their social support programs.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
In the News
- Forbes: For Pair Team, Accessibility Is About Delivering Healthcare To Those Who Need It The Most
- TechCrunch: Building for Medicaid’s regulatory moment with Neil Batlivala from Pair Team
- Axios: Pair Team collects $9M for Medicaid-based care
About the Opportunity
As the VP of Payer Contracting you will play a critical leadership role in taking us to the next step of growth. In this role, you will work directly with the CEO to set our payer contracting and national expansion strategy with a focus on Medicaid government programs and deepening our value-based care model. You will be responsible for executing on that strategy including networking with Medicaid Managed Care Organizations and state Medicaid leaders. You will negotiate FFS and VBC contracts while coordinating with operational leadership to ensure we can succeed in each market.
We are seeking an experienced strategic thinker and sales leader that is a hands-on player-coach to establish relationships and win contracts with new payers. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of passion, organization, and a proven track record of securing deals in the Medicaid industry.
This is a remote position reporting up to the CEO.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the CEO to develop novel value-based care models in Medicaid and national expansion strategy, including a focus on Medicaid government programs
- Lead payer contracting and expansion across multiple service lines from FFS, quality, risk, and benefits administration
- Network with health plan and state leaders to win contracts and manage multi-year negotiations
- Ensure plan partner satisfaction with strong executive account management skills
- Directly manage a small but mighty Business Development team and collaborate cross-functionally with other PairTeam leaders and thought partners
What You'll Need
- Proven Medicaid sales leader to both regional and national plans working on complex, multi-year deals
- Experience navigating government programs including RFPs and 1115 waivers
- Strong grasp of contracting risk across FFS, quality, and VBC models and able to choose the right GTM contract with each states regulatory landscape
- Risk contracting experience (preferred)
- Holistic mindset with the ability to effectively manage business tradeoffs
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive-level presentation skills and ability to handle high-level client interactions
- Partner success mindset who proactively considers the operational success of a contract
- Strategic vision with the ability to execute
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiating skills
Because We Value You
- Competitive salary: $215,000 - $250,000 (depending on experience)
- Equity compensation package
- Flexible vacation policy – take the time you need to recharge
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Work entirely from the comfort of your own home
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- We provide the equipment needed for the role
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.
Any offer of employment at Pair Team is conditioned upon passing a pre-employment background check. Following a conditional job offer, candidates will undergo comprehensive employment background checks, including; criminal history, reference checks, and driving records if a role requires vehicle use.