Bilingual RN Care Manager (Remote Flexible)
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led model. We build local partnerships with shelters, food pantries, and other community-based organizations to turn them into a site of care. As a support system for the community, we provide wraparound clinical services, up-skill CBO staff to become Community Health Workers, and utilize our proprietary data-driven technology platform, Arc, for care coordination. Through Medicaid MCOs, we provide healthcare for hard-to-reach, high-need individuals, while sharing healthcare dollars with community groups to expand their social support programs.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
In the News
- Forbes: For Pair Team, Accessibility Is About Delivering Healthcare To Those Who Need It The Most
- TechCrunch: Building for Medicaid’s regulatory moment with Neil Batlivala from Pair Team
- Axios: Pair Team collects $9M for Medicaid-based care
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Registered Nurse Care Manager who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
We seek a full-time Registered Nurse Care Manager to play a critical role in our whole-person, interdisciplinary care model by supporting patient-driven care plans to drive improved outcomes for individuals living with Serious Mental Illness, Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. The Registered Nurse Care Manager will work in a team-based model with a lead care manager community health worker, behavioral health care manager, and nurse practitioner to contribute their clinical expertise towards improving the individuals quality of life through activities such as health education and complex care management. This role will require a 1-2 on site commitment in the Alameda, CA area.
What You’ll Do
- Primarily work with and support a caseload of individuals with complex medical needs
- Work with individual to identify health/wellness goals and incorporate goals into a Shared Care Plan
- Educate individuals on medical and behavioral health conditions (including medication) to improve health literacy
- Provide medication reconciliation in collaboration with the individuals’s pharmacy
- Provide care management services such as coordinating prescriptions and completing prior authorizations
- Track and assure that all required assessments and screenings are performed
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary care team to identify and address barriers to care
- Identify clinical needs and triage escalations, providing brief interventions as necessary, with support from nurse practitioner clinicians
- Collaborate on care issues with Enhanced Care Management team by participating in systematic case reviews
- Consult with Enhanced Care Management team about clinical concerns or questions, provide educational training on chronic disease states, prevention, treatment, meds, and healthy living
- Build trust and develop relationships with individuals experiencing homelessness, living with Severe Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder, and living with multiple chronic conditions
- Use relationship-based strategies to engage individuals in care, understanding that many may have lived personal experiences causing them to be initially hesitant or distrusting of the health care system
- Seeks to listen openly to individuals and meets them where they are – understanding that adopting an “it’s not my fault but it is my problem” attitude in all communication styles and approaches
What You’ll Need
- Must hold active Registered Nurse license issued by the state of California
- Previous experience in care coordination or case management
- 5+ years of experience working for a health plan or at-risk provider
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Strong technical skills and comfort with new technology innovation, past experience with CRM databases, basic Google suite, email, and video conferencing
- Must have quiet and HIPAA-compliant at-home work environment with reliable Internet connection and cell phone
- Strong understanding of cultural fluency
- Demonstrated professional or personal lived experience working closely with individuals experiencing complex chronic needs, homelessness, or Severe Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder
- Empathetic with a drive to reduce barriers to healthcare and social services for underserved communities
- A fantastic listener and skilled at “reading people” - able to understand how others may be feeling or thinking based on nuances, uncomfortable silences, or questions they ask
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes accountability to resolve a patient’s needs to the best of his/her/their abilities
- Comfortable building relationships with new people
- Zest for problem solving, seeking answers, and thinking outside the box
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter
- Reliable and comfortable in an ever-changing environment
Because We Value You
- Salary: $80,000 - 95,000/year (dependent on experience)
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
- Equity compensation package
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend
- Flexible vacation policy with unlimited time off
- Work entirely from the comfort of your own home - no office
- We provide the equipment needed for the role
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.
Any offer of employment at Pair Team is conditioned upon passing a pre-employment background check. Following a conditional job offer, candidates will undergo comprehensive employment background checks, including; criminal history, reference checks, and driving records if a role requires vehicle use.
Pair Team participates in E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for new hires.