Bilingual Case Manager (Remote Flexible)
About Pair Team
Pair Team is on a mission to improve the wellbeing of underserved communities by connecting them to high-quality care.
Pair Team cares for the highest-need Medicaid recipients through a community-led model. We build local partnerships with shelters, food pantries, and other community-based organizations to turn them into a site of care. As a support system for the community, we provide wraparound clinical services, up-skill CBO staff to become Community Health Workers, and utilize our proprietary data-driven technology platform, Arc, for care coordination. Through Medicaid MCOs, we provide healthcare for hard-to-reach, high-need individuals, while sharing healthcare dollars with community groups to expand their social support programs.
- Trust: We consistently strive to earn the trust of our patients, our clinic partners, and our teammates.
- Growth: We grow together – as a company and as individuals.
- Accountability: We act like owners and take pride in our work.
- Act beyond yourself: Our vision and impact goes beyond ourselves and so must our actions.
In the News
- Forbes: For Pair Team, Accessibility Is About Delivering Healthcare To Those Who Need It The Most
- TechCrunch: Building for Medicaid’s regulatory moment with Neil Batlivala from Pair Team
- Axios: Pair Team collects $9M for Medicaid-based care
About the Opportunity
Pair Team is building a team of deeply passionate individuals ready to change primary care operations for those who need it most. We are looking for a highly motivated full-time Lead Care Manager who is willing to think creatively and empathically to help our team change the way people access healthcare.
We seek a full-time Lead Care Manager to play a critical role in our whole-person, interdisciplinary care model, responsible for directly outreaching and engaging with individuals living with Serious Mental Illness/ Substance Use Disorder, experiencing homelessness, and/or those who have high medical needs. We believe in the power of trust and relationships to successfully engage those who may have never received the kind of whole-health care that Pair Team can provide.
This is a remote-forward hybrid position; ~10% of your work will be on-site in Alameda, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain ongoing caseload of individuals through the utilization of evidence based approaches to promote engagement and achievement of health goals
- Use relationship-based strategies to support members with social support navigation, understanding that many may have lived personal experiences causing them to be initially hesitant or distrusting of the health care system
- Conducts periodic telephonic and SMS outreach to ensure timely follow-up to members
- Work with member to identify health/wellness goals and incorporate goals into Health Action Plan/Shared Care Plan
- Supports nurse care manager, behavioral health care manager, nurse practitioner and Community Engagement Specialist with delegated tasks
- Collaborates on care issues with Enhanced Care Management team by participating in systematic case reviews and consulting with nurse care manager, behavioral health care manager, and nurse practitioner before taking clinical actions
- Consistently meet monthly encounter metrics to ensure compliance with health plan regulations
- Identify and break down barriers ensuring individuals’ continuation with the program
- Assists individuals in securing connection to community supports by scheduling appointments, managing referrals, and ensuring timely follow-ups
- Coordinate physical care management appointments through collaboration with external and internal providers
- Utilize external and internal online platforms to collaborate with team members and carry out daily tasks
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of general work experience (Case Management preferred)
- You are physically located in/near Alameda, California
- Field Ops requires you to maintain reliable transportation for engagement at clinic, community based organization, and health system partner locations
- Virtual Ops requires a quiet, HIPAA compliant and internet connected space
- 1+ year(s) of case management experience
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Strong understanding of cultural fluency
- High degree of empathy
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- An eye for optimization
- Organizational skills
- Ability to remain patient when faced with adversity
- Strong technical skills and comfort with technology innovation, past experience with CRM databases, basic Excel, Word, email, and video conferencing
- A valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
- Demonstrated professional or personal lived experience working closely with individuals experiencing complex chronic needs, homelessness, or Severe Mental Illness/Substance Use Disorder
- 2+ years of case management experience
- Experience with motivational interviewing
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Zest for problem solving, seeking answers, and thinking outside the box
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter who is a rockstar multitasker
- Reliable and comfortable in an ever-changing environment
Because We Value You
- Salary: $22-$25/hour
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Equity compensation package
- Monthly $100 work from home expense stipend for your WFH days
- Gas reimbursements for your on-site engagement days
- Flexible vacation policy -- take the time you need to recharge!
- We provide all of the equipment needed for the role
- Opportunity for rapid career progression with plenty of room for personal growth!
Pair Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Pair Team, we value diversity and strive to provide an inclusive environment for all applicants and employees. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, age, disability, political affiliation, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic covered by federal, state, or local law.
Any offer of employment at Pair Team is conditioned upon passing a pre-employment background check. Following a conditional job offer, candidates will undergo comprehensive employment background checks, including; criminal history, reference checks, and driving records if a role requires vehicle use.
Pair Team participates in E-Verify to verify employment eligibility for new hires.